Dr. Saziye Karaca
- Born in 1967, Swiss/German nationality
- 1999: Doctor of Medicine (Germany); recognised in Switzerland in 2009
- 2009: Postgraduate degree in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery (recognised in Switzerland in 2009)
- 2012: Postgraduate degree in vascular surgery (European degree)
- Specialist physician in wound care (ZWM certificate, Akademie Wundmanagement Zürich).
- 2018: Executive MBA Medical Management (Kalaidos Business School, Bern)
I studied medicine in Germany, where I obtained my degree in 1999. Afterwards, I worked as a doctor in Hamburg (Germany) and Cleveland (USA), as well as in the Monaco Cardio-Thoracic Center. I arrived in Switzerland in 2003, where I continued my medical training at the Geneva University Hospitals (HUG).
In 2009, I obtained my degree of specialist physician (FMH) in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. This was followed by my postgraduate degree in vascular surgery in 2012.
Between 2009 and 2017, I worked as head physician at the cardiovascular centre of the Geneva University Hospitals (HUG). I was a member of the “HUG wound care group”, in charge of the prevention and treatment of postoperative, venous and arterial wounds.
During my career, I participated in several humanitarian missions, mainly in Cameroon and Nigeria. Outside working hours I like to go for a hike or do sports.
- Association des Médecins de Genève (AMGe)
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- Swiss Association for Wound care (SAfW)
- European Wound Management Association (EWMA)
English, French, German, Turkish